Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Destin, Florida Vacation Part 1


It is difficult to believe that just a couple weeks ago, I was in Knoxville, taking pictures of snow!


The snow sure was pretty, but I sure am glad to have had the opportunity to go on vacation to Destin, FL!!
Nathan and I (and Riley) headed down to Florida to stay with his parents for a little bit! Steve and Kay had a condo and we couldn't pass up the chance to join them!

There is a LOT to catch up on, so this is part 1 of the vacation recap!



Riley investigating

Our condo, right across from the beach!

View from our balcony



Gorgeous!


Although I don't mind winter in Knoxville, I must admit that being in Destin in January has been amazing! Between the warmer weather, the sun shining, the beach, and being with family, it has been the perfect vacation!

Finding shells is a fun activity at the beach. I have found an enormous amount of shells, big and small! Picking up shells on the beach never gets old!



As y'all know, I love taking pictures of birds. I have had the opportunity to take tons of photographs of birds!





One night during the week, we were all invited to a friends house for dinner, and we wanted to bring a paleo dessert! 
Kay picked a delicious looking paleo recipe that we decided to try making!
The crust was made with a blend of dates and almonds. Over the crust, we poured a mixture of melted dark chocolate that had been mixed with almond milk; topped with sliced bananas then drizzled with more melted dark chocolate. We refrigerated the dessert for about an hour and then it was ready to be devoured!
It turned out very well! I will certainly be making this dessert in the future!


Of course, the group of us wanted to go out and try some recommended restaurants!

So far, we have had Pompano Joes, Camille's, Margaritaville, Ciao Bella, Fudpuckers, and The Pancakery!

Camille's - "Philly" Roll (smoked salmon, cream cheese, and avocado)

More sushi

Ciao Bella - Greek Salad

The Pancakery - Egg white, veggie omelette

I didn't get pictures of my meals from Margaritaville, Pompano Joes, or Fudpuckers.

I did, however, get some pictures of the gators (yes, real gators) from Fudpuckers!!

Gators 

Albino gator

The majority of our time has been spent at the beach, which is great because you never know what you may see/find:

Stingrays jumping out of the water

Circle of Feathers
Sea cucumber

The sunsets have been stunning every single night!


Another perk of being in a warmer climate during January, is that I have the motivation to be more active. You can walk pretty much anywhere you need to go! 


Riley definitely enjoyed being somewhere new! He didn't want to leave:



Unfortunately, Nathan and Riley had to go back home to Tennessee. I, however, was invited to stay a little longer if I wanted, and of course I said yes!!  :)

I can't wait to keep y'all posted on the other fun adventures I'm having in Destin!




Questions for You!

* Where do you plan on going for your first vacation of 2017?

* What is your favorite beach activity?



No comments: