Thursday, November 9, 2017

Back on the Saddle



I have been on a writing hiatus for some time now, and it is time to get back on the saddle! I have missed writing and sharing my posts. As many of you know, it has been a difficult year for me, since my Dad passed away.
Fall is the perfect time to begin writing again. Inspiration is literally all around - the stunning display of new colors, a chill in the air, and the feeling that something new is around the corner!

The trees transform themselves this time of the year, almost as if they have been touched by Midas himself. I've been driving through tunnels of gold this past month, and it's always mesmerizing.


I figured I would share some highlights from last month! Can you believe it is November already?! 

Pumpkin spice is nice and all, but have you heard about Reese's Peanut Butter Cup coffee creamer?! Yeah, I finally found it at Walmart, and it is AMAZING!









Of course, fall is never complete without making pumpkin muffins! These muffins are the easiest to make, and they never ever fail! All you need is unsweetened applesauce, spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, and walnuts (whole/crushed - whichever you prefer).


Nom, nom, nom!

Toward the beginning of October, only a few trees began to change color, but Nathan and I woke up at 4:30 am to drive up into the mountains (Cherohala Skyway) to see the sunrise. 
Unfortunately, the clouds rolled in, and ruined the sunrise. It was still a fun adventure!




Full Harvest Moon before the sunrise.


My furbaby, Riley, turned 7! 


Cat cuddle session time!


October is one of the best times to go down to Charleston, SC. The humidity is gone, and the temperature is perfect! 


Eating lunch at Pier 101 for Mom's Birthday!!

Beach hair, don't care!


I actually found a shark tooth! Haha! A small piece of it broke off, so I will have to super glue it, but how awesome is it that I found one?!




Finally, after coming home from vacay the end of October, the majority of the trees changed color! Nathan and I cruised over to Cade's Cove at the perfect time!





How cute is this salamander?!
October is never complete without Halloween!




Nathan had to work, unfortunately, so I painted some Halloween decor (Calavera & Eyeball), while I watched Hocus Pocus, and waited on Trick-or-Treaters! Oh, I also played on Snapchat...


So there you have it! I am happy to be back and writing again! :)





No comments: