Thursday, November 16, 2017

Wisconsin Trip Recap

Good morning y'all! 

I made sure to get up early to finish this recap post, before I start working on house chores!
Thanksgiving is next week already! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to it! πŸ˜„


Our furbaby is happy now that Nathan and I are back home!



The most important lesson I have learned this year is that you never know what you have until it is gone. Take the time to see family/friends because life is short.

My Uncle was turning 70, I knew I couldn't miss the opportunity to surprise him for his Birthday celebration! Nathan and I drove up to Wisconsin, and surprised him the night before his party! My Mother flew in as well and had surprised him earlier that day! My Aunt did a great job pulling everything together, he was so shocked!

Obviously, our road trip adventure had to begin with some hot coffee from Dunkin Donuts!


Of course, Taylor Swift's new album came out, so I made Nathan listen to it at least a few times on our drive! ;p Not gonna lie, I'm obsessed with this album! My favorite songs are currently is, "I Did Something Bad," and "Getaway Car."


Our trip lasted about 11 hours because we took our time and stopped along the way.

In Berea, KY, we stopped at the Kentucky Artisan Center!


The first painted rock I have come across!







The Artisan Center was such a fun stop! There was a cafe, seating area, an area for demonstrations, and of course TONS of handmade items/gifts by local artists! I highly recommend checking it out if you are nearby!
I wish we could have spent more time, but we had to get back on the road.

I did pick up some Wild Pecan Cocoa granola at the Artisan Center! I can't wait to try it with some yogurt!

Speaking of snacks....

A road trip is incomplete if you don't have proper snacks! I grabbed these coffee nut m&m's to try out along the way - they did not disappoint!

Um, yes! Coffee Nut M&M's are delicious!



SURPRISE!!!!

Haha, there is no sound because although it was a very happy moment, my Uncle was shocked and said a "bad" word! πŸ˜‚

We had a wonderful evening catching up and hanging out!


A friend of the family/neighbor offered to take Nathan and I over to a trail in the neighborhood, so we took him up on his offer because we desperately needed a good walk after being in the car the entire day before. It was a nice short hike, but exactly what we needed. 


You never know what you will see! We came across a cute fort and had to get our picture taken in it!




🎈 PARTY TIME!!!


Happy 70th Birthday!

Birthday cake time!! πŸŽ‚
The Birthday cake was hilarious because the candles were trick candles that wouldn't blow out!

The party was a huge success!!


Nathan used to live in Switzerland; we found out about the charming town of New Glarus, "Little Switzerland," being only right down the road, we had to go! My Uncle and Aunt were so sweet to take my Mom, hubby, and me down there to explore the town and have breakfast at Chalet Landhaus! πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­





There were painted cows everywhere!





Exactly!


Rosti Potatoes
The restaurant was adorable! The staff was friendly, and the food was fresh and delicious!


Our time spent in Wisconsin truly was an incredible time! It was basically a family reunion because I  got to hang out with cousins that I haven't seen in over 13 years! 
I'm looking forward to another trip up there, hopefully soon!


On our way back home, we took a quick detour to stop and see some of Nathan's family history - the old family farm, and the town where his Great Grandparents, Grandparents used to live!


Stare down with a squirrel

The Elms Building in El Paso, IL
The Elms Building is beautiful! If we had the money, we would buy it and fix it up! It would make a spectacular Bed & Breakfast, wouldn't it?!



Since we were traveling on Veterans Day- I didn't get a chance to say Thank You to all of our Veterans!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Words can't express how thankful I am to our Veterans, and those still serving our Country!



QUESTIONS

* Have you listened to Taylor Swift's new album? Do you have a favorite song?

* Have you ever surprised someone for their Birthday?!

* What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

No comments: