Saturday, December 16, 2017

Foothills Parkway & Gatlinburg Shenanigans


Happy Weekend Y'all!!! 
This past week has been completely full of snow, mountains, and magic. 

There is something magical about snow, especially high up in the mountains. Whenever it snows, Nathan and I like to cruise into the mountains because the beauty never disappoints.
Last week, the hubs and I were super excited about our first "snow." Knoxville only got a few flurries, but we knew the mountains would have more!
Up we went, into the Foothills Parkway!






We were hoping to see much more snow, but it was still a gorgeous day and enough snow to tie us over until the next "real" snowfall!


On a separate occasion, hubby and I went up into Gatlinburg! It has probably been a few years since we have been up there.

As soon as we drove into Gatlinburg, we were ready for some breakfast/lunch.
Pancake Pantry ended up being our decision, and wow, that was a HUGE mistake.
Nathan and I were both incredibly disappointed with Pancake Pantry. It wasn't very busy, but we waited a while for a hostess to sit us at a table. Then we waited forever for one of the many waitresses to come by just get our drinks and give us silverware. We were both starving so we each ordered omelettes. Nathan had the ham and cheese, and I ordered a western omelette. When our plates arrived, I think I actually laughed out loud. The "omelette" I ordered, was literally cooked flat eggs with vegetables (barely cooked), and a non-melted cheese slice on top. The three tiny pancakes on the side were nothing special. For $15 EACH a plate, it was ridiculous. Even the maple syrup was watered down. Phew, at least now we know we won't be going back there. Luckily, Gatlinburg has TONS of other pancake/breakfast restaurants around the area. 

After our sad breakfast, we walked around "The Village" area in Gatlinburg to cheer us up.
I adore the old European feel you get in The Village section.




The Spice & Tea Exchange

Pop Culture

I was thrilled when I saw there was a "Zi Olive" store! We had a Zi Olive right down the road from us not too long ago, but they left! Their gourmet olive oil's and balsamic vinegars are delicious and make cooking easier!

I had to try the smoked pecan olive oil, and it was alright. However, the employee had me try it mixed WITH the Kentucky Bourbon balsamic vinegar and WOW that was SO GOOD! 
I'm looking forward to trying these for some new recipes soon!



Wednesday was National Hot Cocoa Day! I've been celebrating with hot cocoa quite a bit this season. 😏




As far as Christmas music goes...there is no better Christmas song than "O'Holy Night," and my favorite version is O Holy Night - Glee Cast
 It's a gorgeous song, and this version does this song completely beautifully. 

However, if you do enjoy something more modern (I do, as well), try out (on iTunes) Kaskade Christmas! I've enjoyed this album a LOT this Holiday Season! It's modern and unique!!



QUESTIONS:

* How do you enjoy your Hot Cocoa?

* What is your favorite Christmas Song?

* What is your favorite Christmas movie?



No comments: