Wednesday, December 27, 2017

🎄 Christmas Recap 🎄




I hope everyone had a wonderful Merry Christmas

Nathan's parents, along with Nathan's cousin, drove all the way out from Kansas City, to spend Christmas with us. We only got to spend two whole days together, but we had such an incredible time together! On Sunday (Christmas Eve), the hubs had to work for a little bit, so the rest of us ventured up to Gatlinburg!

Gatlinburg was the busiest I had ever seen it! Luckily, we found parking so we could walk around a bit. We ate lunch at Blaine's Bar & Grill. The service and food was terrific at Blaine's!
Next, we all went up the 407 feet, Gatlinburg Space Needle. I am absolutely terrified of heights, but usually try to conquer my fears. The decision to face this fear was a good one, and I even made myself get to the "edge" to have my picture taken. The picture was taken quickly and with a lot of fear and hesitation, but I did it!!



After our day trip to Gatlinburg, we met the hubs back at the house and ordered pizza for dinner! We watched my personal favorite Christmas movie, "Elf," while we ate our dinner!


Christmas Day was the most laid back, relaxing day. As we slowly woke up, we chatted for a bit over coffee and hot cocoa tea. Eventually, we made our way into the kitchen to bake delicious cinnamon rolls.


After eating a yummy breakfast, we began opening all of our Christmas presents!
Truly, the greatest gift was having family in town to celebrate Christmas. <3


The majority of our time was playing games! We played plenty of Phase 10 Twist! Phase 10 is a lot of fun, but Phase 10 Twist was really cool!
Brain Games, Skip-bo, and Exploding Kittens were some other games we played!


The Cone of Shame - Imploding Kittens!!

The family left early Tuesday morning. It's always sad when they leave, but we'll be together again soon! I decided to start picking up all the Christmas decorations. I have them all together in one spot. However, I couldn't bring myself to take down the tree just yet. I'll leave it just a little while longer!



After a little bit of cleaning/tidying up, I finished the book "The Break Down," by B.A. Paris. It was a really good book, I enjoyed it a tiny bit better than "Behind Closed Doors." I found out about this Author and these books, thanks to the blog - Simply Taralynn




Next up is New Years! I don't know about you, but I am ready to throw 2017 out the window. It's been such a difficult year for me. I know there will be ups and downs in 2018, but I'm really hoping for much more positivity!





QUESTIONS

* What was your favorite part this Christmas holiday?

* Do you leave your Christmas decorations up through New Years?

* What are your New Years Eve plans?




No comments: