Monday, January 1, 2018

GOODBYE 2017


HAPPY 2018!! 🎊

2017 is officially over! 

The last week of 2017 was nice because the hubs and I got to meet up with family in Greenville, SC!


On Thursday, Nathan and I drove to Greenville, SC, to meet up with my Mom, Sister in law, niece and nephew. Our visit was a short but sweet get together. Greenville is such a cute little city, and it makes the perfect halfway point to meet up with family!

By the time we all got into town, it was lunch time. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe. The restaurant was packed and we did have a long wait, but it would have been just as long anywhere else. Let me just tell you, it was worth the wait! Our waitress was really sweet, and did a great job! I had the sweet potato pancakes. Holy Moly were they delicious!! YES, that IS fried chicken on my pancakes...



After lunch, we walked to our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express. We hung out for a bit, played some Uno and Clue. Eventually, we were hungry again and walked down the street to Trio for dinner. The service and food was excellent at Trio! They hands down, have the best garlic bread I have ever had in my life! I had the eggplant parmigiana - SO GOOD!!!!

Unfortunately, it was FREEZING outside, so we just couldn't walk around. We went straight back to the hotel and hung out there for a while. One of the many things I adore about Greenville is their Mice on Main scavenger hunt! Throughout the city, there are 9 bronze mice statues! This scavenger hunt is great for kids (and adults like me), which really makes walking around town more exciting!

Lulu found a mouse!

The Holiday Inn Express had a great free breakfast with tons of food options! Our hotel was within walking distance to all of downtown - except it was just too cold for us to do so. Overall, the hotel was perfect for our short visit!


Sisters!

AJ and me!

Family ❤️

Next time, we'll all meet when it is warmer weather so we can truly enjoy all of downtown Greenville! After breakfast and some more hanging out, it was time to head back home.


Sunday, Nathan and I had a fantastic brunch at Holly's Gourmet's Market & Cafe!

Frog in a Ditch with a side of grits!
We had fun looking around McKay's Used Books, and ran some other errands before eventually returning home. It's been too cold with zero snow! 😠


Our neighbors had some really beautiful fireworks going on all night. It was nice to watch them in the comfort (and warmth) of our own home!




I hope you all had a wonderful New Years celebration! Here's to 2018!!





QUESTIONS:

* What was your favorite part of 2017?

* What are your New Years resolutions (if any)?

* What are you looking forward to most in 2018?






No comments: