Saturday, January 13, 2018

Blankets, Books, and Binge-watching


Starting 2018 out in style...😹



HAPPY CAT-URDAY!!!

Can you believe we are 13 days into 2018? January has been a very grey, cold month so far. My poor body is having a difficult time with this Winter season and I'm dreaming everyday of being on the warm beach with sunshine, shells, and sand.
Winter is holding me hostage, so my life has been nothing but blankets, books, and binge-watching the show "Dark." I'm really looking forward to Spring already!! Forget that, I'm ready for SUMMER!!

I read, "A Wrinkle in Time," by Madeleine L'engle. My Mother always wanted me to read this book when I was younger; not sure why I never did! I'm glad I finally read it, especially since there will be a movie of it shortly!! I'm looking forward to see how the movie goes, because the book is honestly amazing!!


I recently made another trip over to McKay's Used Books and found some interesting reads! Can't wait to read another good book!


First supermoon of 2018!



The past week the weather was insanely bitter, and a good portion of it we were under freezing temps.
I've had no problem using the freezing cold as an excuse to hide in bed with the fireplace on!

Riley is hiding under the blanket 😂



The hubs and I recently binge-watched a show on Netflix called, "Dark." The show is originally in German but they voiced-over the characters in English. Once you get past that, it's an amazing, mind-twisting show. Nathan and I were hooked!



Seriously, thank goodness for Walmart grocery pickup! When it's 11 degrees outside, and don't want to go anywhere but HAVE to get groceries - just do Walmart grocery pickup! Order your groceries online (or on the app), drive to Walmart and let the wonderful Walmart employee put everything in your nice, warm car, in a matter of minutes and then go back home!

Please excuse the dirty windshield.

Instead of having to go individually grab my items, wait in a long line to check out, put all the bags in the car (in the freezing, bitter cold), sit in a cold car and wait for it to warm back up, waste a good 30 minutes + of your day; you can easily get your groceries in minutes while sitting in your toasty car.

A family member mentioned she has PrimeNow with Amazon/Whole Foods - and I cannot wait for that to reach us here in our little city of Knoxville! They deliver your groceries (organic produce, etc) in a matter of hours to your door, so you don't even have to leave! One day maybe!! 🙏🏼
Until then, Walmart Grocery Pickup is the thing to do!!

Honestly, it's a no-brainer. DO IT. You won't regret it.

http://r.wmt.co/hxPBW <--- Copy and paste the link to your browser. If/when you do it, you get $10 off your order AND I'll get $10 off too! It's a win-win! 😄



Freezing rain. That's about as close as we are getting to "snow" thus far!






QUESTIONS

* What show(s) are you currently obsessed with?

* What book(s) are you reading this month?

* Are you enjoying the cold or are you ready for warmer weather?

No comments: